As well as the practial aspects of Tae Kwon-Do your theory is equally important for your success. The theory covers many aspects including:
- Background and history of the Tae Kwon-Do and the association to which the club belongs.
- Tenets of Tae Kwon-Do and the Tae Kwon-Do oath.
- Technical details of the various stances, blocks, punches, kicks, strikes, thrusts and other techniques.
- Korean terminology - everyone studying Tae Kwon-Do the world over is therefore familiar the same terms no matter what their native language.
- Meanings and applications to the patterns.
- Understanding of your grade, the syllabus and what is required to progress.
All members of the club receive a student handbook to help them with their theory. Also periodically students will receive copies of the PUMA magazine Planet PUMA.
Theory forms a part of each grading.
Theory Questions & Answers
Mr Phillips has put together a great document that will help with your theory. It's full of Tae Kwon-Do questions that you may encounter in your gradings. You can download the document with all the questions here. In the members area a document containing both the questions and answers can be downloaded. Just login to get that, if you don't have a login just ask in class.
Download TKD Theory Questions.pdf