Colour Belt Grading
June 2019 Colour Belt Grading
The next colour belt grading will take place on Saturday, 16th June 2019 at Frederick Gent School.
Please remember white doboks only and students green belt and above will need to bring your sparring kit.
White Belts, Purple Stripes, Orange Stripes:
Lesson: 10am, Grading: approx 11am.
Yellow Stripes, Yellow Belts and Green Stripes:
Lesson: 11am, Grading: approx 12noon.
Green Belts and higher grades:
Lesson: 12noon, Grading: approx 1.15pm.
- All of the above refer to your existing belt or stripe colour.
- Questions for all grades will be asked on the day.
- Students may leave when they have completed their grading.
- To grade, the fee should be paid as soon as possible. Price includes grading, lesson and new theory card.
- We pride ourselves in offering a fair and thorough grading. Unfortunately this takes time, if you have a busy schedule, wait until next time.
Secrets of a successful grading
Preparation, Preparation, Preparation.
- Start learning your new theory straight away, don't leave it, ask if you need help.
- Remember the 20 or 40 lessons required to grade are minimum, most students need much more to reach their true potential. Students who can only train once a week will always find gradings difficult and unfortunately very few go much higher than green belt. This is neither the students nor the Instructors fault, it is just the nature and format of the art.
- Don't forget to get at least one Squad session between grades if you are Green belt or above.
- Remember the more you train the better you will be, success in Taekwon-Do as in life has to be earned. GOOD LUCK.